“If your sins be as scarlet, they shall be made as white as snow.”Isaias 1:18
Have I been guilty of irreverence for this sacrament by failing to examine my conscience carefully?
Have I failed to do the penance given to me by the priest?
Have I any habits of serious sin to confess first (e.g. impurity, drunkenness, etc.)?
Have I received Holy Communion in the state of mortal sin? (This is a very grave sacrilege.)
Have I ever deliberately failed to confess a past serious sin, or have I willfully disguised or hidden such a sin?
Note: The deliberate concealing of a mortal sin invalidates one´s confession and makes the person guilty of another mortal sin. Remember that the confession is private under the Seal of Confession, i.e., it is a mortal sin for the priest to reveal the matter of one´s confession to anyone else.
Necessary Conditions for a Sin to be Mortal
1) Serious Matter
2) Sufficient Reflection
3) Full Consent of the Will
The Four Sins which Cry to Heaven for Vengeance
1. Willful Murder
2. The sin of Sodomy or Lesbianism
3. Oppression of the poor
4. Defrauding the laborer of his just wages
The Six Commandments of the Church
1. Have I heard Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation?
2. Have I fasted and abstained on appointed days and have I kept the Eucharistic fast?
3. Have I confessed at least once a year?
4. Have I received the Holy Eucharist at least once in the year?
5. Have I contributed as far as I must to the support of the Church?
6. Have I observed the laws of the Church concerning marriage, i.e.: marriage without a Priest present, marrying a relative or non-Catholic?
Nine Ways of Being an Accessory to Sin
Have I knowingly caused others to sin or cooperated in their sins by
Praise Or Flattery
Defense Of The Sin
The Five Blasphemies Against the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Have I blasphemed against the Immaculate Conception?
Have I blasphemed against Our Lady´s Perpetual Virginity?
Have I blasphemed against Our Lady´s Divine Maternity? Have I failed to recognize Our Lady as the Mother of all men?
Have I publicly sought to sow in the hearts of children indifference or scorn, or even hatred, of this Immaculate Mother?
Have I outraged Her directly in Her Holy images?